Containers for Sale or Hire – Top Ten “Must Know” Tips
There are a million and one reasons that you may like to buy or hire a shipping container, but regardless of whether you choose containers for sale or to hire, there are some things that you should know. You may like to hire a container first to see if it works out to be a good option for you, however if you are planning to use it for a period of six months or more then containers for sale are your best bet. Containers are available at very economic prices, so in many cases buying is the best and most affordable choice.
Containers for Sale or Hire – Top Ten Tips
Here are ten important things to consider when you are hiring or buying shipping containers:
- Delivery: When you hire a container you may have to pay the delivery costs up front and this means that it is best to hire from a location near you to minimise the costs.
- Minimum length of rental: Most container companies will only hire for a minimum period of one month, even if you only require the container for a short time you will most likely have to pay a month rental fee.
- Moving or shipping overseas: Few companies will hire containers to people who are planning to move items or export goods overseas. The reason for this is that the cost to send the container back to the company is very high.
- Notice: When looking for used containers find out how much notice is required to deliver the container and, if hiring, to have it returned. In many cases the companies will require one week notice.
- Condition: Check the condition of the shipping container carefully before you buy containers for sale – if you are using it for storage, then you will want to ensure that it is still weatherproof.
- Price: The price of containers for sale depends on the grade of the container: A and B grade are in the best condition and C grade are in fair condition.
- Kinds of containers: You can generally find all kinds of containers for sale and hire – 10 foot, 20 foot, 40 foot, dry and refrigerated units.
- Location: Before you buy or hire, ensure that you have the correct amount of space to place it safely and have it delivered there easily enough.
- Space: Remember that a truck will have to deliver your container and you will need enough space to have it placed where you want it.
- Security: Make sure that your bought or hired container is secure with heavy duty locks for the doors.