Shipping Containers Sale: Don’t Get Ripped Off
If you are in the market for a shipping container, then you will be pleased to find that shipping containers sale come with a load of choices and price points on offer. However, there are some unscrupulous shipping containers sale companies out there, so be sure that you do not get ripped off by putting the following advice to use.
Shipping Containers Sale Companies – Tips for Avoiding Ripoffs!
In order to get a shipping containers sale company that really meets your needs for a reasonable price:
- Do your background research – Check out the reputation of any company that you are thinking of doing business with.
- Decide what grade of container you need – there are different standards and conditions available.
- Physically check the condition of any container you are considering.
- Note down plate and serial numbers to reference when the container is delivered.
Some shipping container companies may offer containers that are in poor condition at elevated prices. Be sure that you investigate the reputation of any company you are thinking of buying from. Finding a reputable company will make the whole process of shipping container purchases fuss free and straight forward.
When buying a container you can buy new or used – used containers are classified among A, B or C grades.
- A grade containers are in very good condition and you can expect to get around 15 years of use out of them before they require repairs.
- B grade containers are in good condition, but may have a couple of dints or some superficial rusting.
- C grade containers are in fair condition, but may have been knocked around a little in their previous life shipping goods around the globe.
Always physically check out a shipping container potential purchase. Check that seals are intact and that the container is in good condition according to its grading and the asking price. When you finalise a shipping containers sale with the broker, make sure that you have a photo of the condition of the container and the serial number noted down. Check that the serial number on the container that is delivered to you matches that which you paid for.
If you follow the above advice when dealing with shipping container brokers, you should have no problem finding and receiving the exact container to meet your needs. Need help? Contact us now to discuss the best way to get hold of a second hand container!