Summer Is Around The Corner. Keep Your Stock Chilled In A Shipping Container
Summer is just around the corner, and so are hot temperatures, meaning higher wastage of perishable stock, be it in storage or in transport. Believe it or not, somewhere around 10% of perishable goods are wasted in transport or storage – waste that can be reduced or even eliminated by using properly cooled storage and transport containers.
It doesn’t matter what your business is, if you’ve got a perishable product – keeping it cool adds to your bottom line. Greengrocers or market gardeners can utilise reefers to keep their vegetables fresh, crisp and cool for sale. Butchers can use containers for storing large quantities of meat before it’s prepared for sale in their retail stores.
Wineries, and craft beer brewers can keep their drinks tasting exactly the way they are supposed to in a temperature controlled, dark environment – preventing wine from going off (we’ve even written a handy step by step guide on how to build your own container wine cellar) or beer from skunking. Large liquor stores can even use a refrigerated shipping container as a cool room, ensuring that retail beer, wine and spirits are already cooled down and ready to use at your summer BBQ straight away.
Restaurants, cafes and catering companies can utilise reefer containers to provide additional cold storage over busy months, or in locations where there is simply no extra room to install large commercial refrigeration units. As shipping containers are portable, they can be used to provide large scale refrigeration for huge events such as concerts and festivals, allowing fresh and tasty food and drinks to be served when you need them the most!
7 Great Benefits of Using a Refrigerated ‘Reefer’ To Store Your Goods
1. Reefer containers can give you extra refrigeration and storage space instantly, almost anywhere in the country. If it’s accessible by truck, boat, helicopter or train – a reefer can get there!
2. Reefers are flexible and can be placed almost anywhere on your site, whether it’s in a rear car park, on a loading dock or inside your warehouse, as long as it’s a flat space with access to power.
3. Reefers are scalable and can grow as your business or demand for keeping things cool does. As long as you’ve got access to some space and a power supply, you can keep adding refrigerated storage as you need it.
4. It’s cheaper than building a purpose built solution, and you don’t need to go through all the red tape and compliance costs.
5. You can rent or purchase – reducing the risk of investment if you aren’t sure of how much space you require or what you will need in the future.
6. You can store things at the perfect temperature, all the time. Reefer containers are capable of controlling temperature anywhere between plus and minus 25 degrees celsius.
7. Refrigerated shipping containers are also able to have some (although limited) modifications done to them making them even more useful. These modifications can include shelving, lighting, butchers doors and lock boxes for extra security.
To put it in plain English: A business that turns over $150,000 a year in perishable goods sales can save up to $15,000 just by improving the storage. Can your business afford not to have a refrigerated shipping container?
Keep Cool This Summer With A Reefer from Gateway
Gateway Container Sales has a wide range of refrigerated shipping containers available in both 20 foot and 40 foot sizes. Our containers have been maintained by qualified mechanics and meet Australian safety legislative requirements. Our containers are built to last and are covered by our comprehensive guarantee. We stand by the quality of our reefers – providing pre-delivery inspections and a full 24 hour a day, 7 days a week mechanical breakdown service to locations within 50km of our Brisbane offices.
What are you waiting for? Beat the heat and contact our team of shipping container experts now to get your refrigerated container before the hot Aussie summer season starts. Keep your stuff cool with a refrigerated container from Gateway!